Don't try this at home...

Suddenly being a single uncle wasn't as fun as I thought...

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Perfect Summer day


"Uncle, that's mine, that's Didi's"


She came back from Mexico like a true Mexican, now she talks and talks and talks. That's my Didi. When I thought she couldn't get any cuter she did, she is more ticklish than ever. We went to the beach on Wednesday, she swam for a while. She came out of the water cold, wet and demanding a towel. I got the towel and wrapped her with it, held her in my arms and stood on the sand for a while, letting the afternoon sunlight to dry us faster.

There, in peace, at 'the secret beach', Didi and I quietly appreciated one of the most gorgeous sights of New Zealand, Rangitoto and Waheke Islands in the distance, not a single cloud in the sky, and a soft wind whispering 'happiness' once in a while. Laurence and Luca were hanging out in the distance, everything was perfect, a great summer day.

Until the beauty of the moment was broken by the following line:
"Luis, there's no toilet here, I really need to pee, what should I do?" - Said Ana nervously and impatiently looking around for 'options'.

- Some things never change -

No comments:

Post a Comment