Don't try this at home...

Suddenly being a single uncle wasn't as fun as I thought...

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Challenges

Can't define what's normal and what's not anymore. Since I arrived to New Zealand my life changed in so many ways and I don't want my old life back.

One of those massive changes were my new friends, my new family and these two kids. There are things in life that define your character and the way you face life. Some things are difficult tasks you must complete, also there are people you must deal with. As I said, in New Zealand I learned to deal, compete and accept challenges that life has put on my way.

You shall not date...
However, there are some things I wasn't willing to face and challenges I'm still reluctant to accept. As I said, I love Didi and Luca, they are my family, my niece and nephew. I will be there every time they need my help, advise and/or money.

I'm sure that my Luca will have a broken heart one day, and I'll be there to help him out. I'll put my hand on his shoulder and will say to him "You'll be fine, there are plenty of fish in the sea, let's move on son".

The same with Didi, I'll be there, as agreed with Laurence, protecting her from those hormonal young boys who, eventually, will knock on the door to pick her up. We've agreed to play bad cop good cop, Laurence and I, just to mess with these guys' minds. I'll take care of them, they are my family and I've learned a lot about myself through them.



As I said, there are things I've done here, challenges I've accepted and completed, difficulties I've overcame and people I've faced. I'll do anything for Laurence and Ana, I'll do anything for Didi and Luca.

Except changing nappies.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment